Re: Firmware upgrade broke SW_TABLET_MODE on HP Dragonfly G2

On Tue, 25 Apr 2023 at 18:05, Lopez, Jorge A (Security)
<jorge.lopez2@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I reached out to BIOS team and here is their response.  Let me know if additional information is needed.

Hi Jorge!

Thanks a lot for getting a response from the BIOS team.

> >> HP Elite Dragonfly Max/Dragonfly G2 Notebook PC T90 System Update is in 'Embargo State', so it is not officially released.
> >> Customer should wait until the version below is finalized and moved to Stable state.

This clearly doesn't match what I see on LVFS:

https://fwupd.org/lvfs/devices/com.hp.laptop.system.T90.firmware

01.11.00 and 01.12.00 are both marked as stable here, and fwupd
suggests these versions for an upgrade. What do they mean when they
say it's not officially released and not in the stable state?

> >> HP Elite Dragonfly Max/Dragonfly G2 Notebook PC T90 System Update
>
> >> BTW, the name on LVFS will be changed per customer request in CQ2 refresh.  Customers want to have product names included in the name.  The last columns in tables are the name to be displayed on LVFS from CQ2 refresh.  See attached JPEG for upcoming LVFS name changes in CQ2 refresh.

That's a great change, having the laptop name explicitly will be much clearer.