Re: Brightness and "touchpad dis-/enable" keys not working for Fujitsu e7x6

> Someone / Something has to generate the keycodes, even if we skip all
> brightness control. And I get an ACPI event for the FUJ02E3 when I press
> the keys, but I don't know what to do with it (AKA which DSTD function
> to call).

Can you post a DSDT dump of your machine somewhere so that we can take a
look?

I played with my Lifebook E744 a bit and there is a chance it is not as
different from the Skylake machines as I originally imagined.  Earlier
in this thread, I already mentioned that pure ACPI brightness control
doesn't work, just like it doesn't work on Skylakes.  However, input
events are correctly generated when Fn+F6 or Fn+F7 is pressed.  And I am
sure these events are generated by ACPI code as booting with acpi=off
makes the input events disappear, while also causing brightness to be
correctly adjusted.  Thus, I can try to figure out which part of the
ACPI code causes the input events to be generated.  That information
combined with your DSDT dump might help us in figuring out how to make
it work for your machine.  However, it might just as well turn out that
Fujitsu switched to using WMI or some opaque vendor-specific magic.

--
Best regards,
Michał Kępień