Re: Brightness and "touchpad dis-/enable" keys not working for Fujitsu e7x6

> > A backlight device is available via /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight
> > and you can change brightness manually. AFAIK this device is provided by
> > the i915 driver.
>
> So perhaps the intent on other systems is to respond to the ACPI button
> notifications by manipulating the intel backlight hardware.  If this is the
> case we'd need a way to do this from within the fujitsu-laptop driver in
> response to the buttons you've identified.

Is implementing this in the kernel really worth the effort?  I ended up
using xbacklight bound (in my window manager) to the brightness hotkeys
for both my Lifebook E744 and my Vostro V131, which has a royally borked
ACPI backlight control implementation.  It seems using userspace helpers
for backlight control is the new normal [1].  Yes, you lose console
brightness control; I can live with that, YMMV.

[1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/platform-driver-x86/msg07902.html

--
Best regards,
Michał Kępień