Re: Brightness and "touchpad dis-/enable" keys not working for Fujitsu e7x6

Am 22.06.2016 um 09:32 schrieb Michał Kępień:
>>> A backlight device is available via /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight
>>> and you can change brightness manually. AFAIK this device is provided by
>>> the i915 driver.
>>
>> So perhaps the intent on other systems is to respond to the ACPI button
>> notifications by manipulating the intel backlight hardware.  If this is the
>> case we'd need a way to do this from within the fujitsu-laptop driver in
>> response to the buttons you've identified.
>
> Is implementing this in the kernel really worth the effort?  I ended up
> using xbacklight bound (in my window manager) to the brightness hotkeys
> for both my Lifebook E744 and my Vostro V131, which has a royally borked
> ACPI backlight control implementation.  It seems using userspace helpers
> for backlight control is the new normal [1].  Yes, you lose console
> brightness control; I can live with that, YMMV.
>
> [1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/platform-driver-x86/msg07902.html

The e7x6's DSTD misses the ACPI brightness control device (FUJ02B1), so
the brightness part of the fujitsu-laptop driver isn't used and
therefore - in addition to the direct brightness adjustment - generates
no keycodes for the keys.

A userspace keycode handling solution would be totally sufficient. Would
be nice, if it worked in kernel but that's clearly optional for me.

Regards,

Jan-Marek