Re: Brightness and "touchpad dis-/enable" keys not working for Fujitsu e7x6

> I recently got new Skylake hardware (e7x6) from Fujitsu. Compared to
> previous Haswell generation (e7x4), some of the Fn+X key combination
> stopped working. This includes the brightness and "touchpad dis-/enable"
> key combinations.

As you used the phrase "stopped working", I'm wondering whether you were
ever able to get ACPI brightness control to work on a Haswell machine?
It seems to be broken on my Lifebook E744 (BIOS version 1.19): pressing
the brightness keys causes acpi_fujitsu_notify() to call GBLL, which
always returns the same brightness level, even though it sets the
highest bit in its return value (which denotes a brightness change).
Also, calling set_lcd_level() with various values causes the value
subsequently returned by GBLL to change, but the actual screen
brightness is identical all the time.

> For the brightness control it's understandable, as this was handled by a
> ACPI device FUJ02B1, which is no longer available. I don't know how the
> touchpad disable key was actually working, as I don't get any scan codes
> or ACPI events in userspace - probably I'm missing something here.

It looks like it is handled purely in hardware because I'm not getting
any scan codes or ACPI events either on a Lifebook E744 and the hotkey
works correctly.

--
Best regards,
Michał Kępień