Re: Brightness and "touchpad dis-/enable" keys not working for Fujitsu e7x6

Am 22.06.2016 um 12:53 schrieb Jonathan Woithe:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:18:44PM +0200, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:
>> Am 22.06.2016 um 09:32 schrieb Micha?? K??pie??:
>>> Is implementing this in the kernel really worth the effort?  I ended up
>>> using xbacklight bound (in my window manager) to the brightness hotkeys
>>> for both my Lifebook E744 and my Vostro V131, which has a royally borked
>>> ACPI backlight control implementation.  It seems using userspace helpers
>>> for backlight control is the new normal [1].  Yes, you lose console
>>> brightness control; I can live with that, YMMV.
>>>
>>> [1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/platform-driver-x86/msg07902.html
>>
>> The e7x6's DSTD misses the ACPI brightness control device (FUJ02B1), so
>> the brightness part of the fujitsu-laptop driver isn't used and
>> therefore - in addition to the direct brightness adjustment - generates
>> no keycodes for the keys.
>>
>> A userspace keycode handling solution would be totally sufficient. Would
>> be nice, if it worked in kernel but that's clearly optional for me.
>
> Since the newer hardware lacks an ACPI brightness controller and it is
> possible to have userspace deal with the brightness in these cases, it seems
> to me that the solution to the issue lies outside of the fujitsu-laptop
> module (which is focussed on the custom devices in the laptops).  I am more
> than willing to be convinced otherwise, but at present this seems to be the
> prevailing line of thought.

Someone / Something has to generate the keycodes, even if we skip all
brightness control. And I get an ACPI event for the FUJ02E3 when I press
the keys, but I don't know what to do with it (AKA which DSTD function
to call).

> Regards

Jan-Marek