Re: Wifi switch not working, linux on IdeaPad S205

On 06/15/2011 05:32 PM, Joey Lee wrote:
> æ åï2011-06-09 æ 16:36 +0800ïIke Panhc æåï
>
> But Florian said the Fn+F5 doesn't work to him, as you said, the _Q2B
> works when GWSS is not zero:
>
>         Method (_Q2B, 0, NotSerialized)         /* wifi key? */
>         {
>             Store (0x2B, P80H)
>             If (LEqual (GWSS, 0x00)) {}         /* on issue machine, GWSS is 0 */
>             Else
>             {
>                 If (WLPS)                       /* if have wireless */
>                 {
>                     Store (WRST, WLEN)          /* write wireless RF state to EC */
>                 }

I see your point. IMHO this is ok. When the radio switch is off, it shall
be no different on every soft block modes.

> æ äï2011-05-31 æ 15:02 +0200ïFlorian Heyer æåï
>> On 05/31/2011 11:42 AM, Joey Lee wrote:
>>> Just checked your DSDT, it declared the AMW0 methods, I agreed Ike's
>>> suggestion that will be better you direct test acer-wmi on your machine.
>>>
>>> Please modprobe acer-wmi driver, then try to turn on/off bluetooth or
>>> wireless device by rfkill.
>>
>> Hello Joey,
>>
>> here are some findings with acer_wmi. I execute the following steps from
>> top to bottom, and only after the last step my wifi works. After each
>> step you find the output of "rfkill list":
>>
>> after booting (no ideapad_laptop, no acer_wmi):
>> 0: hci0: Bluetooth
>> 	Soft blocked: no
>> 	Hard blocked: no
>> 1: phy0: Wireless LAN
>> 	Soft blocked: no
>> 	Hard blocked: yes
>>

> When system boot, wireless is hard blocked by default.

Read the reply mail from Florian. This is a problem because hard blocked
shall be no when the radio switch is on. Since phy0 is registered by wifi
driver, I think this is not generic design.