Re: change (spoof) originator phone number in outgoing call using pjsip/pjsua

On 7/29/20 12:11, r.b.muller@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
@Andreas

Thank you, that was the part I missed.
Unfortunately, it is all for nothing.
The new code works, as long as I do not spoof the number everything works ok.
If I spoof the number, the outgoing invite shows the spoofed number, but the provider
returns 403 - Forbidden.
I believe the provider detects and prevents spoofing.
I tried with a different provider (free linphone.org account), and that returned a different error
407 -  proxy authentication required.

Unless you have some idea's, I will throw in the  towel
Anyway, much obliged for your help.

Met Vriendelijke Groet, Regards,

Rob Muller
mailto:r.b.muller@xxxxxxxxx

Well, it depends on what level you're working on.
I did tests at a testcenter from Deutsche Telekom in Germany and there I was able to set any number I'd like. However, we didn't connect as classical "end users" and it was made clear to us
that sending numbers that are not your own is actually against the law.

So you might want to check with your provider to see what you're actually allowed to do and what is possible.

All the best,
Andreas