Best way to run PJSUA as a service

Ernesto Celis <celisdelafuente <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I already have done all that you need. For pjsua demo application you
> can make the OS to auto-login any user you want, but it is dependant
> on the OS. systemd abortions are a bit dificult than previous with
> inittab and getty. However controlling the input from the console in a
> headless enviroment becomes a bit tricky depending on what is your
> purpose.
>
> I ended doing something with the Python bindings. It is GPL so if you
> wish I could share the link of it to you, the code is a little bit of
> messy since I had to develop in a hurry and with certain constraints
> but it works fine.

Hi Ernesto.

This would be great. I must confess am a bit of a Python noob, but will
probably have been able to mash something together. Still, if you have
something already then that would be great.

The intention is that PJSIP will simply be used as a consumption device for
schools and education for the purposes of enabling remote translation. It
will be set up to register to our SIP registrar and will simply
automatically answer inbound calls - there really is not that much user
interaction that would be required. However, this may well change over time
and so a Python application is what I had in the back of my mind. This will
actually be run on a Raspberry Pi and so things like 'hang up' could be
initiated via the momentary button connected to the GPIO port.

Anything you can point me toward as a starting point would be great.

Cheers

Chris