Best way to run PJSUA as a service

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Swinney C. <c.swinney at swansea.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a rather simple requirement in that we are using PJSIP to start, auto register to an SIP account, wait for an inbound and auto answer it.
>
> All of this is simply be completed in the 'out of the box' PJSUA application. However, I would like this to run headless and so start-up when the machine starts as a background process, without anyone having to login. I tried to add the PJSUA application and config file to the /etc/rc.local file, but as I think PJSUA requires a console input, it doesn't start properly.
>
> Is there any way to get this to work, or would it be best to build a basic Python application?

I already have done all that you need. For pjsua demo application you
can make the OS to auto-login any user you want, but it is dependant
on the OS. systemd abortions are a bit dificult than previous with
inittab and getty. However controlling the input from the console in a
headless enviroment becomes a bit tricky depending on what is your
purpose.

I ended doing something with the Python bindings. It is GPL so if you
wish I could share the link of it to you, the code is a little bit of
messy since I had to develop in a hurry and with certain constraints
but it works fine.