Connect two SIP clients

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Stefan Hobbel
<stefanhobbel at abstraxxion.com> wrote:
> ?Hello,
>
> I am wondering if it is possible, to connect two clients, by a third party.
> In example, I have an application running somewhere (imo not necessarily a
> SIP client) and I have two SIP intercoms.
> From the application, I want to connect the two intercoms together. So I
> guess I should sorta trick an INVITE to one of them, that says to connect to
> the other intercom, and not my application.
>
> Is this possible using PJSIP? Any pointers on how to accomplish this?

Yes. The scenario is similar to attended call transfer scenario, so
suppose A is the controller: A calls B, then A calls C, then A
transfer the B's call to C, causing B to talk to C as the result. See
the "X" command ("Xfer with Replaces") in pjsua.

Alternatively, you could create a proprietary protocol to accomplish
this, e.g. to send a special SIP request (e.g. the well (ab)used INFO
method, or you could even create your own method) to the intercom that
tells it to initiate the INVITE.

Both are dead easy with PJSIP. ;-)

Best regard
 Benny