iOS 4.2 GM and pjsip sloooow registration

On 9. nov. 2010, at 07.40, Andrea Campi wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2010, at 12:23 AM, Even Andr? Fiskvik <eaf at oyatel.com> wrote:
>
>> pjsua_core.c  SIP UDP socket reachable at 192.168.1.130:5060
>
> Notice how most of the slowness is before printing each of these lines.
> I've seen this happen ever since iOS 4.0, I don't remember seeing it on 3.1. I've seen it happens relatively rarely in development (maybe once in 50 starts, but I haven't kept count), never in production use. When it starts happening, though, it usually happens a lot.
> Given that it happens in development, I never really figured out whether it had to do with being connected to Xcode / gdb, or just my wifi. Disconnecting the USB cable and going in and out of airplane mode to reset the radios always got me back to normal speed, but I never took the time to fully debug this.

Thanks for the tips Andrea, glad to hear I'm not the only one.
It didn't work out with just switching the airplane mode on/off, and it didn't even work with a restore from backup.

When I restored 4.2 GM and chose to set it up as a new phone, thinks are again working smoothly.
Glad that this wasn't an 4.2 issue with pjsip in general since there's rumor of it being released to the public today.

Best regards,
Even Andr?