iOS 4.2 GM and pjsip sloooow registration

On Nov 9, 2010, at 12:23 AM, Even Andr? Fiskvik <eaf at oyatel.com> wrote:

> pjsua_core.c  SIP UDP socket reachable at 192.168.1.130:5060

Notice how most of the slowness is before printing each of these lines.
I've seen this happen ever since iOS 4.0, I don't remember seeing it on 3.1. I've seen it happens relatively rarely in development (maybe once in 50 starts, but I haven't kept count), never in production use. When it starts happening, though, it usually happens a lot.
Given that it happens in development, I never really figured out whether it had to do with being connected to Xcode / gdb, or just my wifi. Disconnecting the USB cable and going in and out of airplane mode to reset the radios always got me back to normal speed, but I never took the time to fully debug this.

I haven't tried 4.2 yet, so all this to say, I doubt it's a pjsip issue, but you're not alone :) I'll be interested to hear any more info you can gather.

Andrea