ustom audio device & pjsua

Hi,

I am using pjsua based application with my own audio device driver. The
device requests 32kHz sampling rate and 8ms per frame (125 frames/s). At the
beginning I have changed pjsua configuration to this values and got really
bad behaviour with many deadlocks. Now I have moved the resampling from
pjsua to the audio device and I am using pjsua with default 16kHz sampling
and 16ms per frame. Surprisingly the results are much much better, still no
deadlock experienced and much better audio quality!

I do configure the frame length (8 ms or 16 ms) by:
  pjsua_media_config_default(&med_cfg);
  med_cfg.audio_frame_ptime = AUDIO_PERIOD_MS;
  status = pjsua_init(&cfg, &log_cfg, &med_cfg);

The sampling rate is set in configuration of the device.

Please, could You explain to me, if there are some reasonable range limits
for audio_frame_ptime? The example uses 20ms. Now 16 ms works ok in my
setup. Is it enough, or do I have to persuade my audio device to accept
more?

Many thanks for help!

Ota Herm