From: pjsip-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org]
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Ross
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 12:49 PM
To: pjsip list
Subject: Re: Multiple sound cards and pjsip

Thanks, Dharmen.
I'm using ALSA as far as I know.  I certainly use alsamixer to adjust the
volume controls on the mic & speaker, and I use arecord and aplay
successfully too.  When I run pjsua I get "PortAudio sound library
initialized", etc, and I can talk to a colleague with the same setup on
their PC.  We're both using Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB headsets which
worked without any need for customisation.  I tried on-board sound and 3
different PCI sound cards and had poor sound quality or no Linux driver
support as a result.  I also got some interference when my video card
changes the screen image in screensaver mode.  The USB headsets have not
given any of these problems so we'll continue with them for the present.
Anyway, thanks for your hints.  I didn't know about sndinfo (which reports
"pasound.c Opened device /dev/dsp(OSS)" when pjsua is not running).  So I'm
not sure about whether pjsua uses ALSA or OSS but would be surprised it is
OSS.
It will take me a few weeks to get to the next stage of having several sound
cards in one PC, so I'll probably go quiet on this thread now.
Jeffrey