From: Dharmen Sheth <dsheth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Multiple sound cards and pjsip
To: "'pjsip list'" <pjsip at lists.pjsip.org>

Hi

 ?

Am currently using Audioscience cards with
pjsip , with 8 incoming and 8 outgoing, works like a beauty. ?I wouldn?t recommend
those USB sound cards, had terrible nightmares with them. Anyway they still
might work so just my own 2 cents.

 ?

Sounds like you are using OSS
(it uses /dev/dsp*) , you need to install ALSA and configure it properly, pjsip
which uses portaudio requires ALSA if im not mistaken and wont work with
 OSS .

 ?

You can then assign input/output ports in
the pjsip configuration files.? There is a command line utility in the samples directory
called sndinfo-i686-pc-linux-gnu? which you can use to identify which channels
of your sound card are accessible by pjsip etc.

 ?

If you install the cards with ALSA , you
can type aplay ?l (L)? or aplay ?L ?to list the devices/sound cards
that are connected. ??They will be something like card0 , card1 , card2 etc.??
Once this is done correctly , you can configure/install pjsip and then use the
sndinfo to get the id of each card, configure them in the pjsip.conf and it
should work

 ?

Regards

 ?