Multiple sound cards and pjsip

Hi

Am currently using Audioscience cards with pjsip , with 8 incoming and 8
outgoing, works like a beauty.  I wouldn't recommend those USB sound cards,
had terrible nightmares with them. Anyway they still might work so just my
own 2 cents.

Sounds like you are using OSS (it uses /dev/dsp*) , you need to install ALSA
and configure it properly, pjsip which uses portaudio requires ALSA if im
not mistaken and wont work with OSS.

You can then assign input/output ports in the pjsip configuration files.
There is a command line utility in the samples directory called
sndinfo-i686-pc-linux-gnu  which you can use to identify which channels of
your sound card are accessible by pjsip etc.

If you install the cards with ALSA , you can type aplay -l (L)  or aplay -L
to list the devices/sound cards that are connected.   They will be something
like card0 , card1 , card2 etc.   Once this is done correctly , you can
configure/install pjsip and then use the sndinfo to get the id of each card,
configure them in the pjsip.conf and it should work

Regards

  _____