  From: mayamatakeshi
  To: pjsip list
  Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2010 1:32 AM
  Subject: Re: DTMF Bad Detected - Nobody had been that problem????

  On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 1:24 PM, mayamatakeshi <mayamatakeshi at gmail.com> wrote:

    On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Jose Suarez <jsuarez at padirac.com.ar> wrote:

      Yes, I know wireshark, but I would like to know if someone had this problem before, because I make thousands of calls per day and if very dificult to me analyze call per call to see what happen with the packets. But if this the only solution, so I will prepare a test scenario and I will test in it.
      For that, I ask you if the problem could be the codec, because the software is in production now, and I must to solve that problem quickly, so if the problem is the codec I will change it.

    I use pjsip to write testing tools.
    I really don't believe it is related to codec. I myself never saw such problem.

  However, if the end-point is a PSTN gateway that converts TDM audio to RTP, it probably converts DTMF tones to RFC2833 digits.
  And it is a known problem that some people has a high-pitch voice that can mislead the DTMF detector and so causing it to send wrong DTMF RFC2833 tones to the VoIP side.
  Ex:
  http://www.zdnet.com/blog/ip-telephony/high-pitch-voice-women-and-vonage-calls-sometimes-dont-mix/1408