unwanted loop during call

Hi,

I have a pjsip application similar to simple pjsua example (
http://www.pjsip.org/pjsip/docs/html/page_pjsip_sample_simple_pjsuaua_c.htm)
. I am calling my application from a sip phone (xlite). i need bidirectional
flow so I am connecting media to sound card on 'on_call_media_state'
callback.
-----------
static void on_call_media_state(pjsua_call_id call_id)
{
    pjsua_call_info ci;
    pjsua_call_get_info(call_id, &ci);

    if (ci.media_status == PJSUA_CALL_MEDIA_ACTIVE)
    {
        /// When media is active, connect call to sound device.
        cout << "Connecting media to sound card" << endl;
        pjsua_conf_connect(ci.conf_slot, 0);
        pjsua_conf_connect(0, ci.conf_slot);
    }
}

I can receive sip phone's voice from my application succesfully. sip phone
can also receive voice from my application succesfully. however, sip phone
also receives its own voice. I think i am somehow looping media back to sip
phone.

How do i prevent looping media back to sip phone? Should i use echo
cancellation api or is there any other trick that i don't know yet?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks