Sound quality in Symbian S60

Hi all PJSIP & Symbian developers

I have just started to use PJSIP for my Symbian OS application.
I have all the main things up and running but I have problems with the
downlink audio, which is unfortunalety very scratchy.

It feels that I am getting a buffer underrun in the downlink audio stream.
Uplink seams to be fine.
I am using VAS and the built in G711 codec.  This is tested on a Nokia N97
mini with good WLAN coverage.
Can it be that the app is not getting enough CPU time.

Any hints or best practise?  What is the expected sound quality on these
devices?

I did not succeed to try Symbian_ua test application, so I do not really
know if that works either. Anyone with experience of this?

cheers,
Ken