Background Noise with APS- DIRECT

Hi Karthik,

I could confirm that when APS-direct was in early development phase,
we experienced noise only on silence when using S60 APS G.729. However
I am not sure if your problem is the same one since you mentioned that
you have disabled the VAD.

At that time, IIRC, we have rechecked the code, e.g: if the APS frame
header (2 bytes header) is set and evaluated properly, all seemed fine
but the noise still occurred. We tried to disable the VAD for SID
frame generation (annex B?) and the noise gone. So we decided to
disable the VAD for G.729 [1] in the symb_aps_dev.c. IIRC again, this
has been tested on E65 (220Mhz?) and N95 (those are our main test
devices for APS-DIRECT development).

So, could you check the revision number you are using and see if the
fix in [1] is included. Or perhaps you can try the latest SVN trunk,
APS-DIRECT is included there along with related fixes.

[1] http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/735

Regards,
nanang