About media initialisation without sound device installed on board

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:48 PM, M.S. <hamstiede at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> i have the same problem. I tried to configure the stack in some different
> ways:
> --disable-sound     fails this switch has detracted
> --enable-ext-sound fails
> --enable-ext-sound --disable-oss fails too

I saw your post regarding this, sorry for not replying sooner. Well, it's a
bug in the configure script, I posted a ticket for this:
http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/853

In the mean time, use configure as normal, but use master clock instead of
sound device at run time. With pjsua you can do this by specicying
--null-audio option. You need to use version 1.2 for this, as there was a
bug in 1.1 which prevents app from running if pjmedia-audiodev does not
detect sound device in the system.

cheers
 Benny