SDP Question

2009/3/25 Fran?ois Roseberry <frank_pharaoh05 at hotmail.com>

>  Hi,
>
> we've found out that our server changed the whole SDP before giving it to
> the callee (No matter how we changed it, it was always the same).
> The SIP server we used is 3CX Phone System, from Microsoft, which I guessed
> is made to work with 3CX softphone, so the replaced SDP does the work for
> this. We found another free and more "transparent" SIP server, which ias a
> lot easier, more user-friendly, it's called minisipserver.

That explains it!

> Now the SDP passes, and the two media lines are established, and we can
> talk and hear each other through the audio line, just as normal.
> But we added a dummy video codec (which doesn't exist), rtpmap:2
> BITMAP/16000, before the telephone-events line. Otherwise, it crashed at the
> media session creation.

Is that in pjmedia_session_create()? Is it crash or assertion?

But if you say that telephony-events attribute is not mandatory, we'll try
> to remove both.

I don't think telephony-events is right for m=video (it doesn't sound like
making sense).

Sorry I think I was wrong about empty format list in SDP m= line.
Syntactically, the spec does allow empty format list, but in pjsip we only
accept that if port number is zero. So you need to codec indeed.

> We understand what the attributes connection, rtcp and sendrecv (media
> direction) are for, but what about fmtp and rtpmap ?

rtpmap is mandatory for dynamic PT. fmtp is additional info about the codec,
and it's codec specific. Its use should be described in the corresponding
audio/video profile RFC I think.

 -benny

We have a vague idea, since the rtpmap attribute of the already created