Pjlib on Symbian

2009/3/24 George Evi <george.evi at ctcinc.ca>

>  Hi Benny,
>

> I update my application with the latest version the ?trunk pjproject- 1.1?
> and continue to test on Nokia E61.
>

> As you suggested I changed the codec priorities in a way that GSM had
> highest priority (in function ?*pjsua_media_subsys_init**? priority value
> = **PJMEDIA_CODEC_PRIO_NORMAL** +4 (132)*). The sound was acceptable on
> the caller side but on the callee side continue to be stuttered, disrupted
> and instable.

Hi George,

In that case, I would probably suggest to try to use different peer for the
testing (pjsua running on desktop would be a good candidate :) ). And make
sure the audio doesn't get routed through the server or otherwise this
wouldn't make any difference. You can call directly to the device's IP
address to make sure.

> Also I tried the others codecs (iLBC, Speex/8000 and Speex/16000) in the
> same way but didn?t see any improvements.

iLBC and Speex/16000 is definitely out of question. Speex/8000 is probably
bang on the processing capability, so use it with care (e.g. only use
release mode), and probably is not good for troubleshooting problems like
this. And of course there is G.711, definitely a good candidate to try.

cheers
 Benny