Pjlib on Symbian

2009/3/19 George Evi <george.evi at ctcinc.ca>

>  Hi Benny,
>

> Thanks for your response.
>
> The flow of sound is disrupted on both sides (caller and callee voice
> reception). You can hear the sound but the words are not completed and on
> the callee side the voice is metalique  (like a robot speech). The latest
> tests I made were done with Nokia E61 (S60 3rd edition -mr) connected
> Wi-Fi and I expected to see some improvements but voice stilled disrupted.
>
> I?m using iLBC as codec (1st priority) and UDP transport.

Aha, that's probably the reason. iLBC is heavy, I don't think the device has
enough processing power to run it [2]. Try with GSM or Speex.

Alternatively, consider using APS-Direct [1], available in pjsip version 1.1
now downloadable from the website. APS-Direct uses handset's native codec
and it supports iLBC, AMR, G.729, and G.711.

cheers
 Benny

[1] http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/Nokia_APS_VAS_Direct
[2] http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/PJMEDIA-MIPS