Help needed with Conference Bridge performances on uclinux-nios2

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Fabio Cherchi <fabio.cherchi at yahoo.it>wrote:

>  Hi Benny,
>
> thanks for your prompt reply, see comments inline.
>

> Hmmm, I'm a bit lost here. Did you implemented a sound device at all for
> your device, or did you implement it all using a custom pjmedia_port?
>
> I've implemented a custom pjmedia_port solution. Actually I can have 16
> different audio devices (1 each pcma channel) and related streams. I tried
> in the past to use either the conf bridge, or a master port for each
> channel, to connect them.

It would work best if your media port is the "passive" one, meaning it just
waits for its get_frame()/put_frame() to be called. The master port hasn't
been tested to handle extended frame yet.

> If all you did so far is implementing it with a custom pjmedia_port and you
> don't have existing sound device implementation, actually you don't need to
> implement a pjmedia-audiodev device for this. You can just modify your
> pjmedia_port to work with PJMEDIA_FRAME_TYPE_EXTENDED rather than normal PCM
> frames.
>
> Above solution looks the best, I should only add the extended frame
> additional info.
>

> Then you can use any existing pjmedia-audiodev device (or a master clock)
> to drive the conf_switch clock. But, you won't be able to connect anything
> to slot 0 in the conf_switch, since slot 0 has PCM format. I don't think
> this is a problem if you've implemented your device as pjmedia_port.
>
> In fact I don't need the slot 0 with the audiodev.
>

>  Is it possible to re-use the same code, by simply replacing the conf
>> bridge with the conf switch and by removing the pcma2linear conversion?
>>

> I don't think so. There are other checks in the code, especially to handle
> the size conversion between PCM and PCMA.
>
> So definitely there is no way to use passthrough codec + conf switch if I
> don't use the audio device solution?

Sorry I don't get you. There *is* a way, just like what we're discussing
above?

cheers
 Benny