The audio output device's problem on Symbian S60

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 3:29 AM, Kevin Gong <Kevin.Gong at morodo.org> wrote:

> Hi Benny,
>
>        Thank you for giving me the answer, I will use PJSIP ver1.0.1 to see
> if the problem is solved.

I think it's probably best to use the latest SVN trunk version, as we fixed
several other problems with APS.

>        Another question, pjsip on Symbian S60 platform now can not choose
> the audio out device, and it is default to loudspeaker.

As you mentioned before, PJSIP ver1.1 will support APS/VAS hardware codec,
> it is a really a good news to me, but can it also support route audio date
> to earpiece, and can be dynamic changed to other device, like loudspeaker?

Actually you can even now, if you use APS sound backend rather than the MM
streaming backend. And with APS the default will be set to earpiece, though
this can be controlled by using pjmedia_snd_aps_activate_loudspeaker()
function in pjmedia/symbian_sound_aps.h.

>        Another use feature, can change volume dynamically.

Yep, todo. The pjmedia sound API is lame and it doesn't support controlling
audio volume (historically it's because PortAudio doesn't support it), I
think the sooner I wack it the better. :)

Cheers
 Benny