Improvment proposal for IM without message body

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Johan Lantz <johan.lantz at genaker.net>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a situation when it is necessary to receive an IM without a message
> body. However in pjsua_im_accept_pager this will not be allowed.
>
> The scenario is OMA defined so it is not VoIP

Hi Johan, out of curiosity, what's the purpose of this bodyless MESSAGE?

and I have no problem implementing a workaround, however it would be really
> nice if pjsip in the future supported MESSAGE messages with empty bodys so
> that I could use the on_pager callback to process the data.

If there is a convincing argument to accept bodyless MESSAGE then probably
I'll just remove  pjsua_im_accept_pager() altogether.

> I could not find a reference in RFC3261 or 3428 that says that we should
> discard MESSAGEs without bodies. Maybe it can be left to the user to decide
> how he wants to handle a valid MESSAGE without a textual body in the
> callbacks.

Unfortunately on_pager() doesn't have the capability to reject incoming
MESSAGE though.

Cheers
 Benny