symbian: synchronously events with RunL - maybe solution to the stuck problem in symbian

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 7:32 AM, nir elkayam <nir.elkayam at gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry, my bad. i see it now.
> the problem is with the function that calls pj_sock_send..

Exactly.

> but how about implementing true async event? i think in the udp case it
> should be simple:
> on incomming msg to send, if it not busy, schedule it the send, and if its
> busy, ignore the msg.

That is the plan, though this is not as much concrete plan for now,
we'll see if there is no other higher priority fixes to do. But along
the way, I'd like to refactor or maybe even rewrite the socket and
ioqueue implementation on Symbian. As it is now, it is much
complicated than it is required because we need to support select()
API, which is only used by the simple STUN in pjlib-util. Once the
simple STUN is rewritten to use ioqueue, we can simplify the whole
socket and ioqueue implementation.

So it's a bit of work.

> on TCP, some q should be added.

Yes.