symbian: synchronously events with RunL - maybe solution to the stuck problem in symbian

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:55 PM, nir elkayam <nir.elkayam at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all symbian users,
>
> there is the problem in using the blocking i/o operations in symbian.
> there is a ways to allow async event without User::WaitForRequest,
> in the following example, the User::WaitForRequest doesn't do the job and so
> they start another active scheduler.
>
> http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Reading_IMEI_in_3rd_edition_-Synchronously
>
> maybe this can be a middle way to do the send operation that from time to
> time stuck the stack
>
> http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/987
>
> any thoughts?

So the trick allows program execution to block at
CActiveScheduler::Start(), similar to User::WaitForRequest(), but
unlike User::WaitForRequest(), it allows other pending requests to
complete while we're waiting for the blocking request to complete? If
this is correct then that sounds like a good trick, thanks for
sharing.

Although I'm concerned, that this could cause other active objects to
be called in an unexpected state. For example, while waiting for
Send() to complete, a timer elapsed which destroys a transaction, and
when Send() finally returns, the transaction is no longer there. What
do you think?

Cheers
 Benny