Network bind addresses and setting the Via: field

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Mark Webster
<mark.webster+pjsip at gmail.com<mark.webster%2Bpjsip at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> Just an update to this issue: If I specify the *a_name* of the bind
> address in *pjsip_udp_transport_start*, then the Via: header reflects this
> correctly, but the SDP still advertises the IP of first interface for
> RTP/RTCP (even though I'm not bound to it).

The SIP and RTP/media transports are different objects, so you'd need to
also configure the media transport so that it advertises the appropriate
address.

> To clarify, the interfaces are on different subnets and the INVITEd party
> can't reach my first interface.
>
> I'm sure I probably need to be doing something different after creating the
> dialog, like *pjsip_dlg_set_transport*, but I can't quite work out how to
> do that. When I use *pjsip_dlg_set_transport* to set the transport to the
> one returned by *pjmedia_transport_udp_create*, it seems to invalidate the
> dialog (although no error is returned).
>
> What am I missing?

The pjsip_xxx_set_transport() is indeed the function that you're looking for
to force a request/transaction/dialog to use a particular transport. But
you're passing a media transport there to pjsip_dlg_set_transport(), while
the function is expecting a SIP transport instead.

Cheers
 Benny