Assert on timer

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Nuno Costa <ncosta at wit-software.com> wrote:

>  Hi Benny,
>
> An assert in a timer is being launched when I send an INVITE which is
> answer with '100 TRYING' and then '404 Not Found'.
> It seems the problem is a re-schedule of an entry, once when the '100
> TRYING' and then when the 404 is processed.
>
> **

If this is a plain 100 followed by 404, then I couldn't reproduce it. I
don't think the scenario would be this trivial, otherwise many people will
complain about the assertion everytime a non-successful response to INVITE
is received.

So if you have a more detailed scenario, or better if you can reproduce it
with the latest pjsua, that will be most helpful.

> *timer.c*
> /* Prevent same entry from being scheduled more than once */
> PJ_ASSERT_RETURN(entry->_timer_id < 1, PJ_EINVALIDOP);
>
> In this scenario, instead of an assert shouldn't me made a single condition
> check?

The assert is used to warn that something unexpected has happened, which
serves its purpose in this case.

Cheers
 Benny