Does PJSUA application manage RTP interruption?

[Montevecchi] Hi Benny

> I was wondering if pjsua application manages the case when during a call
> the RTP stream is interrupted for a certain amount of time (let say 10
> seconds)?

I guess it depends on what do you want to do when that happens. If you
don't want to do anything special (other than. just keep the call alive)
then this is no different than the usual DTX.

[Montevecchi] I would like to manage the situation when there are network
problems such that no RTP packet is received for a certain time. I would
like that pjsua notices this situation and drops automatically the call.

In your opinion, is the strategy of monitoring the RTP flow for interruption
applicable?

How is implemented DTX in VOIP? Is it possible for a user agent not to send
RTP packets when there is silence from the microphone?

Thank you again.
Massimiliano