Does PJSUA application manage RTP interruption?

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Massimiliano Montevecchi <
massimiliano.montevecchi at elsagdatamat.com> wrote:

> [Montevecchi] I would like to manage the situation when there are network
> problems such that no RTP packet is received for a certain time. I would
> like that pjsua notices this situation and drops automatically the call.

We don't have this in the library, and probably we won't implement that
either. Having said that, our plans change a lot!

> In your opinion, is the strategy of monitoring the RTP flow for
> interruption
> applicable?

Sure, this can be implemented in application code, and this has been
discussed here several times. As a hint, you can use the call's media
statistic to find out if RTP is still received.

> How is implemented DTX in VOIP? Is it possible for a user agent not to send
> RTP packets when there is silence from the microphone?

DTX is normally part of codec, and in pjsip/pjmedia, DTX is synonymous with
VAD, and it's enabled by default.

Cheers
 Benny