Memory Leak problem with Pool

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Taylor Boyko
<taylor.boyko at pacificswell.com> wrote:

> I checked the name value, and it is in fact "pept003A9078".  This leads me
> to believe that we are passing the wrong pool value to pjsip_endpt_resolve()
> at the very beginning, since I believe the pool value we provide there
> ultimately is passed through methods until it arrives at the
> PJ_POOL_ZALLOC_T() method.
>
> The command I am using is:
>
> pjsip_endpt_resolve(endpt, endpt->pool, &dest, &result9, &cb);

Ah that explains it. You asked pjsip to allocate memory from
endpoint's pool, so why complained if pjsip does exactly that? ;-)

> endpt is a static global pointer that we reuse throughout the program.
> Before running the above line during an incoming call, we run the following:
>
> endpt = pjsua_get_pjsip_endpt();
>
> Are we passing the incorrect pool?  If so, how are we supposed to be
> creating this pool and/or passing it?

Yes you're definitely passing the wrong pool. Why do you need to call
pjsip_endpt_resolve() in the first place? Any reason why can't you use
the various APIs to send requests? (you can send requests statelessly,
statefully, or using dialogs, and all of them will eventually all
pjsip_endpt_resolve() for you). For more info please see the PJSIP
Developers Guide PDF.

Cheers
 Benny