Memory Leak problem with Pool

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Taylor Boyko
<taylor.boyko at pacificswell.com> wrote:
> Ok, so I double checked and found the following in my program:
>
>  1) in the command "query_job = PJ_POOL_ZALLOC_T(pool,
>  pj_dns_srv_resolver_job);", pool has a memory address of 0x003a9078 .
>  I can also drill down and look at its factory.capacity key value and
>  see how large it is.  I place five calls or so, and each time that
>  this line is executed, pool's factory.capacity key increases by 4000.
>
>  2) The reason I believe that this pool is the "pept" one is that I run
>  a pj_pool_factory_dump(endpt->pf, TRUE) at one point (as Benny
>  suggested), and I get an output of all of the caching pools.  There is
>  an entry like so:
>
>  "cachpool       pept03A9078     611920 of 620096 (98%) used"
>
>  The 620096 corresponds to the factory.capacity value I was looking at
>  before, as well as the more obvious tie between the full name of the
>  "pept" pool and the memory location I was seeing it at above.

The best way to identify pool is probably is to check for it's object
name (pool->obj_name). This should rather uniquely identify the pool
and you will know for sure which one it Here the pool that is used in
""query_job = PJ_POOL_ZALLOC_T(pool, pj_dns_srv_resolver_job);" line
above points to a transmit data pool (txdata->pool), not endpoint's
pool.

>  Perhaps the wrong pool is being used in the PJ_POOL_ZALLOC_T()
>  method?  I'm not sure how this would have gotten confused though.

I really don't see endpoint's pool being used to allocate DNS query
record here, so I'm totally confused.

>  Ideas?

Probably you can try the same setting with pjsua (the latest from SVN)
and see if it has the same problem.

Cheers
 Benny