Sppex ABR and VBR

Hi Benny,

No I do not want to use bitrate setting to do 3D Audio positioning. For this
I use irrklang which neatly works with irrlicht. Theoretically the VoIP
Audiostream from pjsip is getting feed into irrklang which is then able to
rednder it in a 3D environment. What I am doing right now is only adjusting
the loudness of each incoming audiosignal according to this players
distance.

What I had in mind with the variable bitrate, is that the biggest problem
with big conferences is the bandwidth consumption, wich is a function of the
avatar density. Think of having 20 people around you, you have to send your
audiostream to those 20 people so they are able to mix their personal 3D
environment. By using vbr or abr I thought that depending on their distance
to you, you send them a less quality signal if they are far away, since its
very common that your voice doesnt matter too much for them since you are
far away. Especially avatars that a close to you, should recieve a high
quality signal since its very probable that they want to interact with you.

I am alreay lookning forward to writing a nice little entry with a couple
more details in your blog, once I have some spare time, which will be by
june 17th.