100rel module gets called in sip_inv.c, even when not requested

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Ruud Klaver <ruud at ag-projects.com> wrote:

> Hi Benny,
> On 16 Jul 2008, at 21:32, Benny Prijono wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Ruud Klaver <ruud at ag-projects.com>
> > wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I got an assertion failure about the 100rel module, which I indeed do
> > not have initialized and do not want to use, when calling
> > pjsip_inv_create_uac. It contains the following lines:
> >
> > 662         /* Create 100rel handler */
> > 663         pjsip_100rel_attach(inv);
> >
> > I think maybe the options need to be checked to see if the user even
> > requested use of the 100rel functionality.
> >

> > Yeah I know. But 100rel is so tightly coupled to invite session (by
> > protocol specification) that makes it hard to make it modular. So I
> > decided not to add the option to exclude it.
> >
> > But if you don't want it, you can always exclude
> > PJSIP_INV_SUPPORT_100REL flag when creating the invite session. This
> > way 100rel would not be advertised in Supported header and it
> > shouldn't be used.
> >
> > Cheers
> >  Benny
>
> Sorry, I was not clear enough in my description. Not including the
> PJSIP_INV_SUPPORT_100REL flag is exactly what I did (in fact I am
> setting options to 0). This gives me an assertion failure that the
> module_id of the 100rel module is not 0, probably because the static
> struct of this module was never initialized.
>
> So my point was that the above code should probably only be executed
> if PJSIP_INV_SUPPORT_100REL is set.

It's probably still the same answer. I can't remember the details, but there
are other things in sip_inv.c which assumes that the 100rel module is always
there, for the reason that I mentioned before. What is your concern anyway?

Cheers
 Benny