Odd conference memory corruption issue

It's somewhat random, but the memory that gets corrupted is in
unallocated memory. The OS X malloc checks checksums on freed memory
and if it was modified after free, it will complain next malloc. This
is quite reproducible for me. I can't imagine it's PA, since setting
the conference level to zero causes the same problem, so the PA
implementation is sill getting good audio. Whether I disconnect the
sound input from the bridge or set the volume to zero, the bug appears.

Speaking of which, does PJSIP do some sort of gain control? We are
having issues what something doing gain control that amplifies
background noise when a client isn't talking. I'm not sure if
Asterisk is doing it, PJSIP or PA.

Norman Franke
ASD, Inc.