Audio Static Issue - OSX (Core 2 Dou)

P.J. Cast. wrote:
> Thanks for responding so quick.
>
> In regards to increasing quality, we were using the
> default 5, and now also tried setting to 10. No
> difference on the Core 2 Dou machine, still has the
> static. Though, by dropping the quality down to 2 or
> 3, I was able to hear a similar static on the Core
> Dou.
>
> Also, playing the wave file with the playfile demo did
> not show the issue on the Core 2 Dou machine, it
> sounded fine.

Try playing the file with pjsua rather than with playfile (use
--play-file argument, then "cc" your WAV to the speaker). This makes
big difference, because in playfile demo, the sound device is opened
using the same clock rate as the WAV file, so no resampling will be
done. Also playfile doesn't have conference bridge.

Also make sure that the WAV file is recorded at 8KHz, to match the
clock rate of the problematic codecs (PCMU, GSM, etc.).

cheers,
  -benny