G729

Nanang Izzuddin wrote:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> AFAIK, S60's APS is more sound device library rather than codec
> library, while IPP codecs is purely codecs implementation library. So
> I think we cannot use the same approach. As Benny has ever mentioned,
> it is possible to use APS codecs in pjmedia, but it will lack some
> pjmedia features (i.e: conference and other PCM level media processing
> in pjmedia).
>
> It is possible to create S60 native/hardware codec using same approach
> as in IPP codecs wrapping as long as there is 'pure' codec API in
> S60/Symbian. (There is CMMFCodec class that seems suit this. Not sure
> if it is working in S60 3rd ed.)

That's true but unfortunately on the most widespread devices, like
(Nokia and Samsung) Symbian 9.x S60 3rd edition the CMMFCodec it's only
available trough some SDK plug-in, not on all FPx releases and not on
all phones.

That's the reason why i strongly suggest to use APS, because it's most
widely available on the phones, even where CMMFCodec is not.

The theory:
http://www.symbian.com/developer/techlib/v9.2docs/doc_source/reference/reference-cpp/MMF/CMMFCodecClass.html

The practice :( :
http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Codecs