Problem with sip_dialog

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Michael Broughton
<Michael_Broughton at advanis.ca> wrote:
> > Just to get the feel of what's happening, can you print the following in
> gdb:
> >
> >  - (pjsip_transaction*) tsx
> >  - (pjsip_rx_data*) rdata
> >  - (pjsip_inv_session*) dlg->mod_data[7]
> >  - (struct dlg_data*) dlg->mod_data[5]  (dlg_data is private structure
> > in sip_100rel.c)
> >

>  Attached.

Thanks, I'll look into it a bit later (it looks like time consuming :)
). But I notice that the offending transaction is a PRACK, so at least
we know that it's not a plain vanilla SIP call.

>  Honestly, I didn't see anything unusual this time.
>
>  The last time I saw this crash it was a little unusual. I think I had about
> four or five of my survey processes dialing 30 phone lines each. Three of
> the processes coredumped with this same assertion failure, all within thirty
> seconds of each other. This makes me wonder if there is some external force
> at work... perhaps it is our Avaya SIP server.
>
>  Notice the 408 request timeout... our SIP server often returns this status
> code for phone numbers that are out of service. However, it does it for
> other unexplained reasons as well. I really need to set up SER...
>
> > Do you have libuuid-dev installed? (see
> http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/412)
> >

>  No I don't think so. Would this be even more important for high calling
> volume?

Yep, this would be extremely important for high volume of calls.
Without this, there is a possibility that two ongoing transactions
will have the same Via branch with high volume of calls, which I
imagine would cause something to break. If you can't use libuuid,
maybe you can upgrade to later revisions where the uid generation has
been improved?

Cheers
 Benny