WinCE Sound Issues

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 7:47 AM, rams <rammeth at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We worked on pjsip for windows mobile 5.0 previously and that time developed
> an application and we didnot face any sound problems.
>
> Now we want to develop a voip application using pjsip for a custom wince
> device and i used the pjsip libs which i got by building the pjsip for that
> wince device platform and used those libs and developed a simple application
> for this custom wince device.
> I am able to register successfully for a server , but i am unable to hear
> any sound when i made a call to mobile or any application in desktop like
> xlite.In this Case we are able to get the RTP data and we r using GSM Codec,
> but i am getting loud static noice in this call and in some other same type
> of device after initializing pjmedia itself i m getting this loud static
> noice.

We have a wiki about loud static noise here, just in case it helps:
http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/audio-problem-static-noise

> The processor which i m using in this wince device is Intel, ARM920T-PX
> do u think is there any probelm with the device ???
>
> Also after initializing pjstack if i try to play a wav file using PlaySound
> Function, i am unable to hear the sound and only after exiting from the
> pjstack only i can hear the sound . i am not sure whether its the problem
> with the sound card/driver of the device

The default behavior of PJSUA-LIB is to acquire sound device during
application life-time, thus probably preventing application from using
the sound device. You can change this, and I think this has been
discussed few times on this list, please search the list archive for
more info.

Cheers
 Benny