Problem with sip_dialog

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Michael Broughton
<Michael_Broughton at advanis.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I am experiencing an assertion failure in sip_dialog. It doesn't happen
> very often (once every couple weeks, even under high calling volume), but it
> has been happening for as long as I have used PJSIP.
>
>  I am running with revision 1797, and unfortunately I don't have a useful
> log file. I have tried to log this error, but it just doesn't happen often
> enough and I don't normally like to run with a high log verbosity.
>
>  Anyway, I do have a coredump and I have attached a backtrace, as well as a
> printout of the dlg struct in question. Let me know if I can provide more
> info.

This will be difficult, I can't make too much of it. It seems that the
bug happens either because:
 - there has been more pjsip_dlg_dec_lock() call than pjsip_dlg_inc_lock()
 - one of the dialog usages (sip_inv.c or evsub.c) has called
pjsip_dlg_dec_session() more than once
 - other

I skimmed through the code and couldn't find anything obvious for the
first two causes.

Just to get the feel of what's happening, can you print the following in gdb:

 - (pjsip_transaction*) tsx
 - (pjsip_rx_data*) rdata
 - (pjsip_inv_session*) dlg->mod_data[7]
 - (struct dlg_data*) dlg->mod_data[5]  (dlg_data is private structure
in sip_100rel.c)

And if you have more info about the likely scenario that would help
too (like, any call transfer scenario involved, PRACK, or anything at
all that might have happened during the call).

Do you have libuuid-dev installed? (see http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/412)

Cheers
 Benny