Service-route overriding proxy

I've been thinking about it yesterday again, and when you take in
consideration the whole concept of the Service-Route header (at least in
an IMS architecture), it makes sense.

During a registration on IMS
1. the UA send the initial register to the P-CSCF
2. the P-CSCF locates the I-CSCF through NAPTR/SRV requests
3. the P-CSCF forwards the REGISTER to the I-CSCF
4. the I-CSCF interrogate the HSS to discover which S-CSCF
   should serve this Private Address
5. the I-CSCF forwards the REGISTER to the S-CSCF
6. the S-CSCF process the request and add the Service-Route in the answer

So the goal of the Service-Route is to avoid all this process to locate
the correct S-CSCF which should serve this request, by having the UA
appending it to the Route header in all request after a Register.

this doesn't change the fact that, from where you're connecting, you
need to go through a small SIP proxy which acts like an
application-level firewall. And this SIP proxy should be an outbound_proxy.

Anyway, thx for the modification

Have a nice sunday

Olivier

Benny Prijono a ?crit :