[pjsip] Help needed in making a call from Simple Symbian SIP User Agent Application

Thanks for the reply Benny.

On 10/21/07, Benny Prijono <bennylp at pjsip.org> wrote:

> Arpit Mehta wrote:
> > Hello PJSIP users,
> >
> > I have succesfully managed to build the Symbian UA by the instructions
> > given on the http://www.pjsip.org/sip_symbian.htm
>
> Cool! So what was the problem with your build last time?

The problem was that I unfortunately installed the beta version of the
symbian S60 SDK. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled a non beta version
"s60_3rd_ed_fp1_2" which seemed to solve the problem.

> Although I still do not understand a couple of things.
> > -- I am unable to make calls using the interface given there. I am
> > asking so becuase whenever I try to select the  "Set account online" or
> > "Set account offline" from the menu UA menu, nothing happens and it
> > returns back to the same menu screen. Please note that I am still
> > running the UA on the emulator and I havent tried running it yet on the
> > phone.
>
> pjsua_acc_set_online_status() will not do anything if there isn't
> any incoming presence subscription, and if the presence publication
> (PUBLISH) is not enabled.
>
> > Is there some place or link where I can read how to setup a symbian
> > based pjsip settings, that would be most helpful ? Any comments or hints
> > would be most helpful.
>
> You can see default settings for Symbian in config_site_sample.h.
> There's not much more information unfortunately.

I saw in config_site_sample.h but unfortunately I am unable to  see the
settings to set up my gateway, username and password. I only see "Make call
to sip:192.168.0.7:5061" in the screen that comes up.

Thanks

Regards

Arpit Mehta

cheers,