Re: [SOAP] Which SOAP ..

My take on this is that I am sure we would all prefer a C or other
non-script based library for SOAP, for performance reasons on heavy
load web sites/services. I also believe that it would make it a
little easier to get more widespread acceptance for PHP as a
web services platform if such functions were built into PHP's
base release... but, right now, PEAR::SOAP seems to have more
features and more developer support, and does not require PHP to
be recompiled,

the C version of SOAP should not require a rebuild of PHP. (as long as DOMXML is built into the original binary..)

just download
phpize
./configure
make install
... then dl('soap.so');

mileage may vary.....

Regards
Alan

so it is the natural choice.

Best,

Chris.

--
Can you help out?
Need Consulting Services or Know of a Job?