Re: losing MySQL resource

OK.  I finally understand.  When I want to save an object across client
requests, I need to serialize() that object into a session variable and when
I need to use it later I need to unserialize() it into a local variable.  If
I modify the object, I need to replace the serialized session variable.
I've tested this.

Or I can let PHP do it ... and that appears to work ... as long as I load
the class definitions prior to session_start() ... which appears to conflict
with the manual's instruction of using session_start().  And I've tested
this.

Or I can use an __autoload callback?  I don't see where I need to place the
__autoload function itself ... and how do I tell PHP to use it ... or is it
completely automatic?

Thanks,
Stan