object return [object XMLDocument] instead of xml data

Hi All

    I am working on a application in which i need to pass data in API and
api return me xml data
     when i am passing data the out put is coming *[object XMLDocument]*
     if i am calling it at browser its showing correct xml.

    Can any one please tell me what may be problem.

--
     Regards
Yogendra Kaushik