RE: grabbing data and auto email set users

How about:
$result = mysql_query($query);
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
instead of your line 6 and 7?

And why are you going back to db_query on line 9 instead of staying with
mysql_query?

Also, you might want to check $num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result);
instead of
line 10 $has_tipped = mysql_query($result_two);
and line 12 if (empty($has_tipped)) {
or do a while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result_two)) {
(notice $result_two here) enclosing the mail command.

To recap:
Get a $result set from the mysql_query()
Get a $row from a while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {